Tuesday, September 7, 2010

DO YOU WANT TO LISTEN TO AWESOME MUSIC? GOOD.

This playlist is crammed full of sing-alongs, if that's your thing:

1. Wavin Bye To The Train Or The Bus - Arctic Monkeys
---I love the first verse of this song and the riff
2. Stockholm Syndrome - blink-182
---Quickly becoming one of my favorite Blink songs
3. Daisy - Fang Island
---Fang Island = the musical equivalent of the most epic high-five ever
4. Like, OMG Baby - DJ Earworm
---Mashup of every popular song this summer. It's awesome.
5. Her Words Destroyed My Planet - Motion City Soundtrack
---You know a song is great when it's catchy as hell while featuring a kazoo

6. Don't Stop Believin - Glee
---I don't watch the show, but how can you not like this cover??
7. Airplanes pt. 2 - B.o.B ft. Eminem & Hayley Williams
---Em's verse makes this song
8. Shutterbug - Big Boi
---Big Boi is the "other" half of OutKast. His new album is sick.
9. Semi-Charmed Life - Third Eye Blind
---I could listen to this song all day every day. Did you know it's about crystal meth?
10. In One Ear - Cge The Elephant
---I love it when a raucous new band comes out blazing on the first track of their first album and makes a statement (see also: MGMT with "Time To Pretend")

11. Black Balloon - Goo Goo Dolls
---This band can do no wrong. And this song is also about drugs. I wonder how many other 90's alt hits are?
12. Break Myself - Something Corporate
---Andrew McMahon is a genius.
13. Back Here - BBMak
---Judge me all you want, but this is a great song. Fun to play, too.
14. Sprawl II (Mountains Beyond Mountains) - Arcade Fire
---This is one of my new favorite songs. Why doesn't Regine sing lead more on Arcade Fire tracks?
15. Blue Blood Blues - The Dead Weather
---If it's dirty, gritty rock, no one does it better than Jack White

16. Orphans - The Gaslight Anthem
---"We were diamond Sinatras"
17. Gentlemen - mewithoutYou
---I love the vocal delivery and lyrics in this song
18. Animal - Neon Trees
---This was stuck in my head for most of this year
19. Gimme Sympathy - Metric
---"Who'd you rather be / The Beatles or the Rolling Stones?"
20. Little Secrets - Passion Pit
---This is what happiness sounds like

21. fa-fa-fa-fa-fa (Sad Song) - Otis Redding
---I love Otis
22. Neon Moon - Brooks & Dunn
---I'm not big on country, but this is such a classic
23. Tighten Up - The Black Keys
---This is one of the best songs of 2010, and it's produced by Danger Mouse
24. Walking The Dog - fun.
---Who else randomly heard this on an Expedia commercial?
25. Stronger (VH1 Storytellers) - Kanye West
---I have to see Kanye in concert before I die

26. Ice Cream Paint Job (No Ceilings) - Lil Wayne
---This whole song sounds like one long, sick freestyle
27. Girl on TV - LFO
---Throwback to 6th grade
28. Breakeven - The Script
---Best (relatively) new artist?
29. Number Five With A Bullet - Taking Back Sunday
---"Just so you knowwwww..."
30. Divinations - Mastodon
---Out of place on this list? Probably. But it totally shreds.

31. The Day No One Needed To Know - Moneen
---Epic, sweeping, grandiose... and catchy too? Nice.
32. A Murder Of One - Counting Crows
---Out of so many great songs in their catalog, this is one of their best
33. Wait - The Injured List
---"Well daylight opens up the sky / the night is broken, so am I"
34. This Is Twice Now - Lydia
---Very pretty music


I will post new playlists semi-frequently as I make new ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment